TIPS & ADVICE
How to Care for Your Refinished Vehicle:
A few simple tips will help you preserve the beauty of your car’s new finish.
- Do not use a commercial car wash for 30 days after refinishing
- Always wash with cold water and commercially available car wash soaps
- Wash in the shade, and dry it with a soft towel
- Never dry-wipe to remove dust or loose dirt
- Avoid temperature extremes by parking indoors whenever possible
- Regularly examine finish for paint chips and repair them as soon as possible
- Avoid parking near factories, since heavy smoke and pollutants can result in paint damage
- Rinse off bird droppings, gasoline and other automotive fluids as quickly as possible with water
- Brush off ice and snow from painted surfaces–never scrape it off!
- Avoid the use of wax or polish for the first 60 days after refinishing